Thursday, September 22, 2011

Camelicious!

Arie told me last night that there are camels in Morocco.  I didn't beleive him.  Not because I didn't think it was possible for there to be camels in Morocco, but because I had no clue about what animals actually live in Morocco.  I didn't want to "generalize" or "stereotype" that just because Morocco is in Africa there would for certain be camels, and I thought that he was doing that.  Except he actually knows, and he is right - there are camels in Morocco! I guess he read a lot of Zoo Books as a child. 

Arie also told me that people in other parts of the world drink camel milk.  I said NO! Really? Yep they do.  And not only that, supposedly camel milk has less lactose in it, so it is easier to digest for those who are lactose intolerant  - like me! Wow.  Looks like I will be trying some camel milk while in Morocco.  No guarantee that my digestive system will like it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment